April 6, 2012

NJ LAUNCH OF NEW TRAUSE BOOK: Inside Out, Upside Down, and Round and Round – 4/23

Dear Family & Friends,
 
I am pleased to announce once again that Nirala Publications in New Delhi, India, has just released my new book of selected and new poems: Inside Out, Upside Down, and Round and Round.
 
 
Please help me celebrate at the book launch and reading - Jerseyside:
 
MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
7 P. M. – 8:30 P. M.
 
WILLIAMS CENTER FOR THE ARTS
1 Williams Plaza (off Park Avenue)
Rutherford, NJ  07070
 
Please see the flyer attached as a Word document.
 
I will be reading selections from my book in the hometown of America's great poet, William Carlos Williams.  Plus Yuyutsu Ramdass Sharma, my agent at Nirala Publications, will present a small selection of his poetry.
 
As an added treat my brother David E. Trause may be providing live music for the celebration.
 
FREE – but you pay for the books !
 
After the reading the festivities continue at a local restaurant.
 
I hope you can join us.  There will also be a reception for me hosted by the Friends of the Oradell Public Library, where I am the Director, on Monday, April 30, 2012 at 7 p. m.  Once the invitation is prepared, it will go out to you.
 
For those out-of-state who cannot purchase a copy of the book at the event or from me in person, please contact me by email about arranging a purchase by mail.
 
***********
 
Inside Out, Upside Down, & Round and Round
Poems Selected & New
John J. Trause
ISBN-81-8250-049-4 2012 Paper pp.83
Dizzy from diving into John J. Trause's new collection of surprising poems, I urge you to enter!
Let the title swirl and turn you into his wild array of inventions.  Witty, ribald, arch, they tease and entice. They are smart poems. With eclectic topics, he applies a scholar's encompassing mind and an artistic eye for colorful detail. Trause is not only a prosodic humorist, he is as ever a proficient scholar, and these poems prove his rigorous power. Note his classical and Biblical knowledge, the many languages at his command, and the contemporary scenes he pulls into focus—even on a mocking tour of north NJ towns! These poems take a reader traveling through many lands of rhyme and reason; hurry to see what Trause finds "Outside the Zoo" in the poem of that title, enjoy his complex vocabulary, laugh with his riffs.  Don't let the abstruse words retain you from the lively banter.  Run and climb. I tried to swim through, but found myself riding the waves. These poems will entertain you, make you study, make you gasp. You may turn round and read again, they will make you a little wiser than before John J. Trause took hold.
Madeline Tiger, author of From the Viewing Stand
 
***********
 
Love & Peace,
 
JOHN

No comments: