PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Allen Ginsberg Poetry Awards 2012
Allen Ginsberg’s Contribution to American Literature
The Poetry Center at Passaic County Community College
First Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $200
Third Prize: $100
Winners will be asked to participate in a reading to take place in the Paterson Historic District.
The entry fee of $18.00 for the Allen Ginsberg Poetry Awards covers the cost of a subscription to the Paterson Literary Review. The winning poems, Honorable Mention poems, and Editor’s Choice poems will be published in the Paterson Literary Review.
1. Up to five poems per person will be accepted for consideration. Four copies of each poem should be sub- mitted for distribution to the judges. No poem should be more than two manuscript pages. Since the poems will be judged anonymously, sheets which contain the poems should not have the poet’s name on them; instead a separate sheet should list the poet’s name, mailing address, phone number, email address and the titles of the poems. Poems cannot be returned. Please do not submit poems that imitate Allen Ginsberg’s work.
2. A check for $18.00 payable to PCCC must accompany submission (in the memo section of the check write “Poetry Contest”). Please note there is a $55 “bounced check” fee for checks that are returned for insufficient funds.
3. Only unpublished poems may be submitted to the contest.
4. Deadline: April 1, 2012 (postmark).
5. Winners will be announced upon receiving the judges’ results in Summer 2012.
6. Contest entrants are asked not to call the college in reference to the contest. Winners will be notified by mail.
Winners’ names will also appear in newspaper announcements and on our website, www.pccc.edu/poetry.
Please include SASE for list of winners.
Send poems to:
Maria Mazziotti Gillan, Executive Director
The Poetry Center
Passaic County Community College
One College Boulevard
Paterson, NJ 07505-1179